Introduction to my trip
Hello everyone or rather, Namasté!
Sometimes, it's during some tough moments that ideas,projects appear...that's what happened to me.
During a long-term sickness leave, I started watching documentaries about the Everest, the roof of the world. Maybe because my origins share the Cordillera of the Andes (I'm French and Chilean and my mother is French and Argentinian), the big mountains such as the Andes or the Everest fascinate me.
And that's where I started to learn about the Sherpas, these guides without whom reaching the top of Sagarmatha (the Everest) would be impossible, these quiet and always smiling heroes. Then I saw Sagarmatha itself in all its splendor...and it was a shock.
I saw the garbage left by those thousands of climbers, probably barely aware of what the Everest means for the Sherpas, the Nepalese globally but also the Hindus. By watching all those small documentaries, sometimes tragic, an idea was born, which helped me to liberate me from the numbess I had fallen into.
I set myself the goal to make an ecological and humanitarian trek in 2028, to give me some time to get back in shape. I found a wonderful Nepalese travel agency, Alpine Ramble Treks, which supports me in my project and organized to me a custom-made trip, with, as the cherry at the top of the cake, a payment facility.
From Luka to the Base Camp, it will be the trek. In each village we'll stop by, I'll donate notebooks and pens donated by children from my city, Argentan, to whom I hope to make discover the Everest and the Sherpas and try to create a bridge between these two worlds so different. Once arrived at the Base Camp, I'll spend a week cleaning the waste and I'll leave the waste bags remaining for the climbers to use it after sensibilisation by their guides.
My city already supports me by donating me the waste bags and will help me not only with the communication but also by helping me to meet the schools. When I'll be back from my trip, a city counseler even offered me to organize a presentation in Argentan's arts venue! I couldn't hope for a better support.
I also have the support of His Excellency the Ambassador of Nepal in France, Mr Sudhir Battarai who kindly invited me at the reception he organized for the Everest Day (May 29).
After hesitating, the reality caught up with me....financially, I need some help to realize this project which is not only personal. I want to sensibilise people about the importance to keep the mountains clean, especially the Everest which is a sacred mountain you have to show some respect to if you want to come back alive from the top. I also want to raise awareness about who the Sherpas are, how important they are but also how difficult their lives can be once the climbing season is over. I want people to understand what they put at risk to help the climbers to fulfill their dream, and that they are admirable persons, very interesting to meet, I'm sure of it. This is why I have decided to launch an online fundraising, to finance part of the equipment but also to buy some extra scholar material (I'll buy it in Kathmandu) and also to have something to donate to support the Himalayan guides families through Alpine Ramble Treks. I'm paying already for the trip, I'll pay for the rest of the mountain equipment, my flight ticket and the expenses made on site (I have to pay extra 450$ to remain one more week at the camp because it will require staff for me).
If you wish to contact me regarding this project, this is my email address: ahues.nathalie@gmail.com
To participate to the online fundraisi it's here !
This project means to me an ecological, humanitarian but also sporting and personal challenge within a difficult reconstruction. Making this project successful means the world to me and I thank in advance al those who will support me..
I'll see you very soon in the next article! 😊
Comments
Post a Comment