My fundraising for Sherpa families

 Namasté everyone, I hope you are well. 

I these difficult times for Nepal, many fundraising have been set up. The most recommended fundraising to support the Nepali people is the official Prime Minister Diaster Relief .

Unaware of the fund, I had donated to La Chaîne de l'Espoir (the Chain of Hope), an NGO I know very well which was already in Nepal, so I knew what my money would be used for.

Here, I'll give away a little secret; I'm trying to build my own association and one of its goals will be to raise funds for disasters such as the August 26 flood.  Meanwhile, I had started an online fundraising (before the tragedy) which is part of my humanitarian project. 

The money raised will be used to support some Sherpa families in need, identified by the trekking company I'm travelling with (and my new partner in humanitarian actions in Nepal), Alpine Ramble Treks, especially regarding the school fees. I'll collect proofs of how the money was spent, show pictures so those who donated will know what we did with the money. 

I know I'm leaving in a little bit over a year for Nepal but I really would appreciate to see my online fundraising grow (I donated myself).  Not for me . But for them, the Sherpas, guardians of Sagarmatha and warrant of your safety when you ascend to the top of the Roof of the World. To support them in their risky and tough work, thank them for leaving their families behind for months and support their families and children hoping a good life for them.

No doubt that since the tragedy, more families were identified. One of the guides in Alpine Ramble Treks lost his wife and the company is personally taking care of his family. 

So, if you wish to participate to the fundraising, simply click here . 

From the bottom of my heart, which keeps morally supporting Nepal and the Sherpa community,I thank you for your contribution. If you identify yourself, to thank you, I'll bring you a nice souvenir from my trek, something to remind you of your kind gesture to support the Sherpa families, my project and me. 😊

Any question? Feel free to leave a comment!

Meanwhile, I wish you a wonderful day, wherever you are!



Credit: The Himalayan Foundation

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my trip

The preparation

Who are the Sherpas?