Nepal Constitution Day : September 19

 Lately, I was invited by His Excellency the Ambassador of Nepal in France to the Nepal National Day. 

The invitation was for September 18...same day as my second country, Chile's National Day. 

For obvious reasons, all festivities were cancelled but I looked what did this day mean in Nepal. I knew they were so many celebrations that I would need to stay an entire year to witness all of them!

Actually, the invitation from the Embassy was an early celebration for Constitution Day on September 19 but since I received the invitation for today, I'll write to Nepal today: 

Namasté Nepal,

Today, Embassies should have celebrated your Constitution Day. It should have been a celebrating day. 

Instead, your Embassies and yourself are mourning those who tragically lost their lives on Augsut 26 and afterwards. In Nepal and Tibet, fear of another disaster is still there. Your people is still looking for the survivors and celebrate every person found alive. Many donations (including from me) have been made to support you, help our resilient and brave people and help you to rebuild yourself.

Although there is no celebrations, I would like to celebrate your beauty, your strength as powerful as the mountains surrounding you. We should reflect on what humankind did to the mountains to make them angry.

Despite not being a skier or an alpinist, mountains fascinate me. Whether it's the Andes or Sagarmatha, K2, Manaslu or any other high mountain, I'm convinced they are alive and deserve the outmost respect.

So, with a day early, I wish you a nice Constitution Day, to Nepalis and you and for today, I keep thinking of all those who are still struggling with the tragedy, those who keep looking tirelessly for survivors, hoping for miracles that still happen and I mourn with you the losses who keep arriving. 

Dear Nepal and dear Nepalis, from the bottom of my heart, I can't wait to see you at last, bring some support to the Sherpa community, whether it's scholar material or simply moral support at the base camp. I can't wait to start the trek, your beautiful landscapes. I can't wait to here the Ice Doctors' stories, chat with the climbers about how the see Sagarmatha and most of all, I can't wait to proudly use my waste bags to clean Everest base camp, showing my love and respect for the mountain. 

If you have any guide books or documentaries to watch to recommend, feel free to comment this post here or in Facebook! 😊




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to my trip

The preparation

Who are the Sherpas?